Terms and Conditions for the MATRIX x Hairdressers Journal Colour Me Happy UGC Competition
By entering the promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the promotion, including all information on how to enter the competition, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Promotion Name and Description: MATRIX x Hairdressers Journal Colour Me Happy UGC Competition
Promoter: Matrix, a trading division of L’Oréal UK Limited, 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ.
Co-Promoter: Hairdressers Journal International, a trading division of M Squared Media,
Allington House, 25 High Street, Wimbledon, SW19 5DX
Entry Open Date: 11:00 UK time on 19 July 2021
Entry Closing Date: 23:00 UK time on 18 August 2021
Privacy Policies: https://privacy.loreal.com/UKI/ and https://www.hji.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- Residents aged 16+ in Great Britain only.
- Entrants must be resident in and work solely in Great Britain
- Entrants must have internet access. Entrants must also have either a public Instagram account or a Facebook account.
How To Enter Requirements:
- (1) Upload two photos (one 'before' shot and one 'after' shot) of your hair transformation using Matrix SoColor Beauty Permanent Hair Colour to either your public Instagram or Facebook feed.
- (2) Explain how you achieved your colour technique and/or style in the post. Each entry must include the formulations being used, the mixing ratios, and step-by-step instructions.
- (3) Include the hashtag #GrowWithMatrix to your photos.
- (4) Tag @MatrixHaircare and @HairdressersJournal (if submitting via Facebook) or @Matrix and @HairdressersJournal (if submitting via Instagram).
One major winner out of the eligible entries will be selected by a judging panel. Ten runner-up winners will be randomly selected by prize draw out of the eligible entrants.
- The photo entry must:
- not include references to L'Oreal competitor products or brands; and
- must be created in accordance with the UK government's health and safety guidelines.
- Your hair transformation can be carried out using a mannequin head, model or client. By posting the entry on your public Instagram account or Facebook account, you confirm that you have obtained all necessary consents and permissions from the individual appearing in the photo you agree to be automatically entered into this competition and abide by these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering into this competition you agree that the Promoters may, at their sole discretion, share your competition entry on the Matrix Instagram or Facebook page, and/or share your competition entry on any of the Matrix’s Official Distributor’s Facebook or Instagram pages.
Major prize: The winner will be interviewed and featured in an upcoming segment in the Hairdressers Journal on "Conversations in Colour". The segment will be featured both online and in the printed magazine.
The winner will also receive the following Matrix products for professional use only:
- 8x SoColor Tubes – 90ml. These products will comprise of the top sellers selected by the Promoter.
- 4x SoColor Sync Tubes – 90ml. These products will comprise of the top sellers selected by the Promoter.
- 1x Matrix Developer, 9 Vol – 1000ml
- 1x Matrix Developer, 20 Vol – 1000ml
- 1x Matrix developer 30 Vol – 1000ml
- 1x Light Master with Bonder – 500g
- 1x Keep me vivid shampoo – 300ml
- 1x Keep me vivid conditioner – 300ml
- 1x Miracle Creator Spray – 200ml
- 2x Bowls+ tint brushes
- 1x Matrix Bag
Number of major prize winner(s): 1
- 4 xSoColor - 90ml
- 2x SoColor Sync - 90ml
- 1x Matrix Developer, 20 Vol – 500ml
- 1x Miracle Creator Spray – 200ml
- 2x Bowls+ tint brushes
- 1x Matrix Bag
- 1x Matrix Cape
- 1x Matrix Apron
Number of runner-up prize winner(s): 10
Competition Selection Date: One major prize winner will be selected out of all eligible entries on 18 August 2021. The entries will be assessed by three Matrix stylists at 'Artists' and 'Master Craft' level, an independent judge, and one Hairdressers Journal guest judge.
Judging Procedure for the major prize winner:
- Looks will be judged on how creative the entrant has been in the blending or application of Matrix SoColor Beauty Permanent Hair Colour.
- The look must use the Matrix SoColor Beauty Permanent Hair Colour product and the technique's application must be achievable in under 30 minutes.
- The submitted look must be wearable for everyday clients and show how it is possible to ‘upgrade’ a client classic into something more creative and bespoke.
- Although the finished look and image will be taken into consideration, the judges will be primarily considering the entrant's technique or service.
- The winning entry will be the entry that best meets the criteria set out above.
Procedure for selecting the runner-up prize winners:
- Ten runner-up prize winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
Notification of the winner and runner-up prize winners:
- The winner and runner-up prize winners will be notified by 20 August 2021.
- If a winner is an Instagram account user entrant, they will notified by the Promoter by direct message or a comment under their submission photo on their Instagram account page asking the winner to supply their email address and postal address to the Promoter via direct message. The postal address must be located in Great Britain.
- If the winner is an Facebook account user entrant, they will notified by the Promoter by a comment under their submission photo on their Facebook account page asking the winner to supply their email address and postal address as a direct message. The postal address must be located in Great Britain.
- If the major prize winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified of their winning entry to provide the address details and contact information requested for the prize to be dispatched, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and select an alternative entry from all eligible entrants to the Promotion by applying the same Judging Procedure.
- If a runners-up prize winner does not respond to the Promoter within 21 days of being notified of their winning entry to provide the address details and contact information requested for the prize to be dispatched, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and randomly draw an alternative entry from all eligible entrants to the Promotion.
Prize Delivery: For product prizes, please allow up to 30 days from the date a winner supplies the requested details for delivery of the prize.
General Terms and Conditions
Entry and eligibility
- Entries must be received between the Entry Open Date and the Entry Closing Date.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Promoter’s employees, their immediate family or any third party directly associated with the promotion are not eligible to enter.
- Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be valid. Proof of complying with the How to Enter Requirements will not be accepted as proof of receipt or entry. Promoter is not responsible for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to technical or connectivity or other problems.
- Only one entry per person. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be valid. Multiple entries made by the same person from various email, social media or other accounts or from the same IP address will not be valid.
- Any entries which do not comply with the How to Enter Requirements, or which contain any third party intellectual property without prior informed consent from the rights holder, or which contain any abusive, inappropriate, offensive or obscene language or imagery will be disqualified. Examples of language/images considered to be inappropriate, offensive or obscene, include (but are not limited to): any message/image which contains (a) swearing; (b) comments or actions which appear to be discriminatory of any person, company or group of individuals, for example comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature; (c) sexual innuendo, sexual language or sexual acts, actions or gestures; (d) promoting any illegal unlawful activity such as drug use; (e) any message that appears to be an advertisement or solicitation to buy; and (f) any materials (whether written or visual) that directly or indirectly relate to the Promoter’s competitor brands or that show any intention of promoting any brand other than the Promoter brand.
Prize fulfilment and disqualification
- Prizes are as stated, they are not transferable and there are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that the selected prize is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
- A winner forfeits their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to select at random an alternative winner if:
(a) within 3 weeks of being notified by the Promoter, a winner does not respond or does not provide their full name and relevant details (if applicable, details for the prize to be despatched to in the eligible country of residence); or
(b) if a prize is rejected or returned undeliverable; or
(c) if an entry is invalid or an entrant is disqualified or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entrant or winner that in its absolute discretion could bring the Promoter into disrepute.
- Promoter shall disqualify any entries that have failed to abide by and/or are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The name of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope, within 4 weeks of the Prize Draw Date to the Promoter at 255 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8AZ, referencing the Promotion Name.
Promotional Activity relating to the prize draw
- In entering the prize draw, all entrants and winners agree to participate in any promotional activity relating to the prize draw, which may include entry content, voice, image and name for publicity purposes (in any media, print or online, including any websites, social media sites or third party retailer websites) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material (whether or not related to the prize draw) free of charge without additional compensation or prior notice. Promoter may modify any entry content to fit in context with the relevant usage, whilst maintaining its original sentiment.
- All personal details and/or information given either in the entry process or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants if they have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
Limitation of Liability
- Neither the Promoter nor agencies nor suppliers involved in this promotion may be liable to the winners, whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise or for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered whatsoever as a result of or relating to participation in this prize draw or the prizes to the extent permissible by law. No compensation for loss of earnings will be paid by the Promoter for participation in any aspect of this prize draw.
Social Media Platform Specific Terms
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used as stated in these Terms and Conditions. By entering the prize draw, entrants will be deemed to have released Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability arising from their participation in the prize draw or out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the prize draw.
- Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to amend or waive any of these Terms and Conditions, or suspend or cancel the prize draw at any stage, in the event of circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond its reasonable control (including suspected or actual fraudulent or misleading practices or other breaches of these Terms and Conditions).
- English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this promotion.